This course is primarily designed to help familiarise you with the exam format and introduce effective exam strategies. It also focuses on vocabulary input of common exam topics and provides you with an opportunity for lots of practice of the skills you need to take the IELTS exam. The IELTS exam preparation course is for students with an upper intermediate level of English (B2)*.
What is IELTS?
IELTS stands for International English Language Testing System. It is an internationally-recognised system for testing English language skills. You can prepare for either the Academic or General Training exam. There are four parts to both exams: Speaking, Listening, Reading & Writing.
Why should I take IELTS?
The Academic IELTS exam is a requirement for students who wish to study at a British University (usual requirement between Band 6 and 7 ). The General Training exam is suitable to improve employment opportunities in the UK and other countries.
IELTS is also recognised by many universities, employers and official bodies in other English-speaking countries, including the USA, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand and Australia.
• General English - 15 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 12.30pm
(with a 30 min break) see General English for information.
• IELTS Exam Preparation 5 hours per week, over 4 afternoons, Monday-Friday 1.30-2.45 (Weds pm free for self-study/social programme).
• Small class size, maximum of 6 students.
• Loan of coursebook for the duration of the course.
• Courses are between 10 and 12 weeks long.
• Exam students are encouraged to do extra work at school or at home. Full support and academic guidance is available at all times.
Cambridge IELTS exams take place every month in Plymouth/Exeter. Exam fee approx. £120.00
We suggest you liaise with the school with regards to examination dates and registration prior to enrolment.
*According to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages http://www.britishcouncil.org/