This course is primarily designed to help familiarise you with the exam format and introduce effective exam strategies. It also focuses on vocabulary input of common exam topics and provides you with an opportunity for lots of practice of the skills you need to take the FCE/ CAE exam. The FCE exam course is for students with an upper intermediate level of English (B2)*. The CAE exam course is for students with an advanced level of English (C1)*.
What is FCE?
FCE stands for First Certificate in English. It is suitable for students who can use written and spoken English for everyday purposes. There are five parts to the exam: Speaking, Listening, Reading, Writing & Use of English.
What is CAE?
CAE stands for Cambridge Advanced English. It is suitable for students who can use written and spoken English for most social and professional purposes. There are five parts to the exam: Speaking, Listening, Reading, Writing & Use of English.
Why should I take FCE/ CAE?
These exams are suitable for you if you wish to gain an internationally recognised English language qualification which will help you to prove your level of English to a future employer or academic institution.
• General English - 15 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 12.30pm
(with a 30 min break) see General English for information.
• FCE/ CAE Exam Preparation 5 hours per week, over 4 afternoons, Monday-Friday 1.30-2.45 (Weds pm free for self-study/social programme).
• Small class size, maximum of 6 students.
• Loan of coursebook for the duration of the course.
• Courses are 9 to 12 weeks long.
• Exam students are encouraged to do extra work at school or at home. Full support and academic guidance is available at all times.
• Exam registration fee not included in the course price.
Cambridge FCE/CAE exams take place in March / June / August / December in Torquay. Exam fee approximately £105.00/£108.00