What is FIRST/ADVANCED?
These courses are primarily designed to help familiarise you with the exam format and introduce effective exam strategies. They also focus on vocabulary input of common exam topics and provide you with an opportunity for lots of practice of the skills you need to take the FIRST exam. You will be able to take practice tests and your teacher will offer guidance and feedback on your performance.
The FIRST exam course is for students with an upper intermediate level of English (B2)*.
The ADVANCED exam course is for students with an advanced level of English (C1)*.
Why should I take FIRST/ADVANCED?
These exams are suitable for you if you wish to gain an internationally recognised English language qualification which will help you to prove your level of English to a future employer or academic institution. More information can be found at the following websites:
A course designed primarily to help familiarise you with the exam format and introduce effective exam strategies.
• 15 hours dedicated exam preparation, Monday – Friday, 09:00 – 12:30
(with a 30 minute break).
• Courses 9 – 12 weeks long.
• Small class size, maximum 6 students.
• Coursebook with Student's CD Rom with i-tests and a practice test book.
• Exam students are expected to do extra work in the afternoon
and full support and academic guidance is available at all
• Study at a recognised Cambridge Exam Preparation Centre.
Please note that the Exam registration fee is not included in the course price.
*According to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages http://www.britishcouncil.org/